Hi guys, it’s Will Wegert.
Since I started Cold Collar about 8 months ago, I have had a LOT of people ask me about the business. Questions like “Why would you start your own business?”, What do you actually do at work?”, “How do you get customers?” seem to pop up all the time.
This blog is designed to give you a quick overview to help address some of the questions you may be asking already. As I write, we’re still pretty new, but I’m super excited to see how far things have come in such a short period of time. As the business grows, I will certainlykeep you in the loop!
Okay … Here is the start-up story: (It’s the super-abbreviated version!)
When I graduated in 2012, I took a job that appeared to be the opportunity of a lifetime! Well, I did meet some amazing people. But a misunderstanding with their supplier rendered my position obsolete. So, I took another job. Unfortunately, I didn’t like it. No problem for me! I quickly found a third job. But, I didn’t like that one either … I just went out and found a fourth job, and then a fifth … Are you getting bored yet?
Yes, long story short, In 2012 I held 5 different jobs in only 8 months.
Yikes! And that doesn’t even touch the surface of the many offers I turned down, and the countless others I never even bothered to pursue.
This crazy path led me to two distinct conclusions.
- I realized that my 2012 tax returns were going to be a mess! (trust me, they were a total disaster)
- Much more importantly, it became very apparent that I was wasting a unique gift. What gift is that? Its’ the gift of leveraging unique talents to get the attention of top notch employers!
And THAT is the answer. THAT is why I started Cold Collar.
I realized that I needed to stop taking jobs I didn’t enjoy when my passion and my talents could be much better suited to helping others gets the jobs they deserve!
Next, I got to work. I read stacks of books, asked lots of questions, set aside money and started slowly building a foundation for what came next.
So with that, Cold Collar was born.
What does it do you ask? What is its purpose? Fundamentally, it exists to HELP PEOPLE LAND THEIR DREAM JOBS!
How do I do it? Well, I start by working on their resume, (On my website I even offer a FREE resume review for those who are not sure where to start).
From there I then offer whole range of services designed not just to create a one time fix, but instead provide long term solutions in developing a comprehensive “personal brand”. Why do all this? To make getting in front of the right employers super easy!
Look, the truth is I still have a lot of growing to do, and so does Cold Collar. I’ll be the first to admit that we don’t have the perfect solution for every job seeker. But, I can say this: I haven’t met a single job seeker yet who hasn’t been helped by what I do.It’s not just basic resume advice that you can find on the street – this is specific, high level career consulting for individuals who are passionate about landing a their dream job.
- One guy I worked with had submitted his previous resume for 28 jobs (count ’em: twenty-eight) without getting a single interview. After working with him, he got interviews on the very next two jobs he applied for! (He was offered the first, and accepted it). Then, 6 months later when that job didn’t pan out as expected, I was able to help him get a job at another firm that paid $15,000 more each year, and allowed him to work from home 100% of the time!
- Another guy I worked with had been out of work for a few months and was stuck in a small apartment to make ends meet. I helped him craft a better foundation for his job search, which not only led to him getting a great job, but it also allowed him to afford a bigger place so he could move back in with his kids.
- In another instance I was able to help a young single mom achieve her dream of moving back home from Arizona to be with her family here in Ohio. We were able to help her not just move, but find a job she loves!
- One more guy I helped (I promise this is the last one), used the advice I gave him not just on his résumé and cover letter, but as an inspiration to go much further! By showing him where his strengths lie, he opened up and applied for dream job that he never would have even though of looking at before. This job had a 40k higher salary than his current job (he was making around 32k before) … Well sure enough, he got the job. In his own words what we did fore him will “change his life forever!”
That’s my favorite part about my job: helping people see their fullest potential and then watch their dreams being realized. To me, it is the most fulfilling job I could ask for!
Everyone has a gift. It’s unique to them, a mixture of something they had the minute they were born with all of their experiences and memories throughout their lives, helping them define who they are and what their passion is. Tapping into that gift prepares you for a life of the most fulfilling kind of work: something that calls out the best in you and helps you connect it with work where you can thrive. Giving brings joy. Our most fulfilling jobs will be those that lend our creativity and talents to others – and my gift is helping you find yours.
Sorry to wax eloquent on you there for a moment. I’m really passionate about this.
I want to share some hope with those who feel stuck in a job they hate. If this is you – I would love to help! To get started Check out www.ColdCollar.com or shoot me an email to schedule a meeting. In this pressure-free chat, we’ll talk about the basics some, but I also want to get a feel for what makes you tick.
If this is not you, would still consider sharing this opportunity with someone you care about? Or even if you just want to keep in touch, you can always follow Cold Collar on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+.
I appreciate you guys a lot. Thanks for reading and thanks being a part of my story.
Till Next Time,